Monday, April 2, 2012

Ricotta Pasta Sauce

I was just using up leftovers, and this delicious sauce was a result. Sorry for not accurate measurements. I just like to throw things together. Makes about 2 smallish servings.

2 Tbsp. butter
1-2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
2 c. baby spinach
garlic powder, to taste
dash of salt
black pepper, to taste
1 c. ricotta
Parmesan cheese
Hot cooked pasta

In a skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the cilantro and spinach. Stir occasionally until the spinach cooks down. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and ricotta. Turn the heat to low. Stir in the ricotta until it is smooth and blended in. Add a handful or two of Parmesan. Stir until the cheese is melted. Serve over hot pasta. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this. I think I might try it tonight, I don't know though.

    ReplyDelete