Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cake Balls

This is the easiest recipe ever.

1 box cake mix (whatever kind you want)
1-2 cans of frosting (whatever flavor goes with the cake mix you chose)
Toppings: chocolate, powdered sugar, sprinkles, coconut, whatever

Cake balls
Bake the cake according to box directions. Let the cake cool. Then shred cake using two forks. Mix in 1 can of frosting. I find, though, that one can is usually not enough to get the cake firm enough to sculpt, so I'll use a quarter to half of a second can. Add a little at a time to see how much you need. Then use a melon baller or something that will allow you to shape the mixture into balls. For toppings you can do whatever you wish. If I use funfetti, I like to roll the balls in powdered sugar. When I used German chocolate cake and frosting, I drizzled melted chocolate over the tops of the balls. You can also dip the balls into melted chocolate to totally cover them. If you do this, I would recommend putting the cake balls in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to get them really firm for when you dip and roll them in the chocolate.
Shredded cake
Funfetti mixed into the cake

No comments:

Post a Comment